Reports can be found under the various tabs on the left-side menu in MyGeotab. MyGeotab is a web-based fleet management software that is available to all Geotab customers under any feature package: Base, Pro, and ProPlus. See all your vehicle and driver information in one place and use it to make quicker, better-informed decisions for your business.
Each report is found under the data it pertains to i.e. the Vehicles Report is found under the Vehicles tab. The Exceptions Report is found under the Rules and Groups tab; the Customer Visits Report is found under Zones and Messages. Wherever there is an options or view button, a report can be run.
How to Run a Vehicle Report
- Navigate to the vehicles tab in your database. Across the top there is a view button which allows the report to be downloaded, either in Excel or PDF file format.
- Click the view button to show different types of vehicle reports available. The report will be in list format but can be changed to full report format, advanced or watchdog report. The Report view includes the VIN and odometer number, while the advanced view adds in device serial numbers and communication data. The Watchdog Report is your vehicle’s health report, and shows any devices that are not communicating. This can also be configured as a dashboard report.
- After choosing your preferred view and format, click either on the Excel or PDF icons to download the report.
How to Run an Exceptions Report
- Navigate to Rules and Groups, and then select Exceptions. The Options menu drops down automatically.
- Select either the pre-set date period options or the custom option for other dates and times.
- This report can be run by vehicles or drivers. If the fleet is using a driver ID system like NFC readers, Geotab drive or manually assigning drivers, leave “run by” set to vehicle.
- To select a vehicle, start by typing either the vehicle’s name or the serial number, and click select. Alternatively, click the dropdown arrow to display a list which allows you to select all or individual vehicles.
- Select the rules by the same method as above.
- Once complete, select Apply changes.
- Click the view button on top of the screen. You will see that the list view is automatically selected as the view for reports. Under both summary and details, there are reports and advanced views giving you four options in addition to the default list view. Each view changes the layout and level of detail. Custom reports are also listed here, if any were created.
Under the Summary tab, Report, Advanced and Exceptions summaries can be found. The Report summary shows totals for duration, distance and incidents. The Advanced summary adds in the group and first and last incidents. Under the Details tab, Report, Advanced and Exceptions details can be found. Report details shows individual events and advanced detail adds in driver detail and zones. After changing the view the report can be downloaded on excel or PDF files by clicking the appropriate icon. Note, when in list view these icons are greyed out.
How to Run a Risk Management Report
- Start by navigating to Activity then Risk Management. Choose a date or time period for the report; below that there are sub periods. When turned on, it allows the data to be grouped into different time frames (daily, weekly or monthly). In addition to the data already included, the Risk Management Report can display information on up to 6 exception rules.
- Type in the name of the rule, or select from the drop down list, to include exception rules in the report. Like the Exceptions Report, Risk Management can be run by vehicle or by driver. Historical data includes vehicles that are now inactive but were active during the selected date period. Hiding zero distance vehicles omits vehicles that did not drive during the date period.
- This report can also be grouped in different ways. Show individual vehicles’ drivers, view the company group as a whole or group the data by different subgroups. Click Apply changes when selections are complete.
- Select show details for additional information including number of times exceeding speed bands and the number and the length of stops.
- The report can be sorted by name, distance, idling, after hour usage or speed. Change the view to either report or advanced to view the available data and download.
You have successfully run a report!
Download our industry-specific brochures:
Construction Vertical Brochure| Courier and Delivery Vertical Brochure | Field Sales & Services Vertical Brochure | Food and Beverage Vertical Brochure | Government Vertical Brochure | Mobility Transport Vertical Brochure | Oil Gas & Mining Vertical Brochure | Police and First Responder Vertical Brochure | Towing Vertical Brochure | Transportation and logistic Vertical Brochure | Utilities Vertical Brochure