To further establish Geotab’s commitment to Safety and Driver Feedback, the GO TALK provides real time spoken alerts to Drivers. Using text-to-speech, the GO TALK provides real-time feedback to drivers based on predefined rules. Any rules that the GO device uses today to alert the driver with beeps can be used with the GO TALK. Immediate feedback to the driver, regardless of cellular coverage, includes all device-based rules:
- Seat belt usage (if supported by the vehicle)
- “Dangerous Driving” as defined by the customer
- Idling beyond a customer-configurable threshold
- Speeding beyond a customer-configurable threshold
- Reminder for a driver to swipe their NFC fob or sticker
- Revving over a customer-configurable threshold (i.e. 4000 RPMs)
- Approaching the maximum speed limit defined by the customer
With the addition of Active Tracking, drivers will get near-real-time feedback (generally within 5-10 seconds) when in good coverage from MyGeotab-based rules as well.
Custom text for MyGeotab-based rules can be added to provide specific messaging to help the driver understand what they may have done wrong, or right. Benefits to customized messages include the ability to create a message specific to the violation being encountered, as well as the ability to create the kinds of positive messages your drivers will respond to. Include tokens such as driver name, address of the violation, and zone name to provide the driver with a detailed account as to where and when the violation occurred.
Who Should Use This
GO TALK is perfect for any fleet that wants to provide more information to its drivers about their driving habits. It will allow fleets to improve driving habits over time while empowering their drivers with helpful, real time feedback. It will also help improve driver safety, by teaching them good habits over time.
Features & Benefits
- Improve fleet safety
- Plug-and-play, quick installation
- Real time spoken driver feedback
- Customize text to speech messages for drivers
- Provide drivers with steps to improve driving habits