GEOTAB AFRICA launches its new Fuel Monitoring System.
GEOTAB AFRICA’s highly accurate fuel level solution is designed to measure the fuel levels in a vehicle, stationary tankage or diesel generator. The level sensors are integrated into GEOTAB’s award-winning platform, MyGEOTAB. This allows customers to quickly access all fuel level statistics as well as all other MyGEOTAB services from a single screen.
Ideal for fleets that want to effectively measure and manage fuel usage behaviour, in certain or all vehicles. Easily identify fuel theft as well as wastage.
KEY FEATURES OF THE SYSTEM
- Proved accuracy of 99.2%.
- Undergoes 6 stages of quality control.
- Complete set of certificates (CE, E-mark, ISO 9001:2008, FCC).
- Stable performance in temperatures ranging from -60°C to +80°C.
- Safe and secure from any noise, power failure and connection errors.
- Reliable and stable measurement accuracy in extreme operating conditions.
- Hermetically sealed, resistant to vibration and pollutants such as fuel additives or waxes.
- The length of the sensor can be trimmed during installation with no harm to measurement accuracy.
FUEL LEVEL SENSORS
The fuel level sensors are produced from materials resistant to organic solvents and external influences between a wide temperature range. The measurement element of the sensor (tube) is made of corrosion resistant aluminium alloy, which is carefully constructed to ensure the cleanliness of the sensors’ internal volume. This prevents any damages caused by impurities of paraffins that separate from the fuel. Electric cable protection against mechanical and atmospheric damages is guaranteed by a sealed metal hose. Additionally, a vibration resistant sealed connector considerably simplifies the sensor’s connection, installation as well as replacement.
- The sensor records the configuration changes and calculates the working time.
- The upper limit of power supply range is increased to 75V, and the protection against multiple pulse interferences is enhanced.
- Signal lines are further protected against voltage of direct/reverse polarity, which significantly decreases the probability of sensor’s malfunction emerging in the course of its installation.
- Spherical surface of the sensor’s head: Improves shock-resistance.
- Thicker carrier plate: Provides additional protection against leakage.
- One-piece body and feedthrough: Makes the sensor more tamper-proof.
- New metal protection tube: Provides increased fracture/extension strength.
- Reduced height of the sensor’s head: Makes it possible to install the sensor beneath the units located within close proximity to the fuel tank surface.
- Connector is highly protected due to over-molding and has openings for sealing: Additional resistance to vandalism, wear-and-tear as well as temperature fluctuations.