Many companies are aware that the implementation of a telematics fleet management system is very useful in terms of cost reduction, security, and quality of service offered to their customers.
In most cases, they possibly lack the necessary experience or time to implement these solutions within their organisation, such as communications to drivers and unions, changes within management processes, full demonstrations of ROI, and training activities.
Geotab Africa offers a professional service option to its customers to assist with maximizing their fleet management. Understanding company requirements, challenges, and technical goals are some of the key responsibilities for Geotab professional teams.
Geotab Guides Customers in the Following Ways:
- Business Case Production: Analysis of customer needs and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), recommendations, and demonstrations of the functionality of the solutions.
- Implementation: PID (Project Initiation Documentation) production, direct person of contact for the project, improving end-to-end control of implementation, and fully documenting the process.
- Change Management: Communication programs, collaboration with customer’s human resources/operations, and production of a best practices manual.
- ROI Consulting: Benchmarking in several areas, demonstrating tangible savings, tracking obtained improvements weekly, and detecting non-compliance areas.
- Training Activities: Several levels of training including management, administrators, middle managers, drivers, and best practices manuals to maximise the system’s benefits on specific areas.
Tangible benefits of the Geotab System:
One of the most common professional service team activities is the demonstration of tangible benefits during a pilot program, this done through a demonstration with a reduced number of vehicles/drivers in a relatively short period of time, and presenting the data in tangible financial and productivity terms.
Some of the key outputs include:
- Maintenance: Servicing, wear & tear
- Fuel: Consumption, idling, driver behaviour
- Out of Hours: Tax compliance, overtime validation
- Contract Adherence: Billing evidence, SLA compliance
- Route Planning: Optimisation, calibration, visualisation
- In-Day Efficiency: Reactive planning, route analysis, plan variance
- Risk and Duty of Care: Driver behaviour, speeding, CO2 emissions, insurance
- Utilisation: Use percentage, time at location, short term hiring, territory straying
Author: Antonio Venutelli, Geotab European Solutions Engineer
Download our industry-specific brochures:
Construction Vertical Brochure| Courier and Delivery Vertical Brochure | Field Sales & Services Vertical Brochure | Food and Beverage Vertical Brochure | Government Vertical Brochure | Mobility Transport Vertical Brochure | Oil Gas & Mining Vertical Brochure | Police and First Responder Vertical Brochure | Towing Vertical Brochure | Transportation and logistic Vertical Brochure | Utilities Vertical Brochure