Continuing with our focus on safety, GEOTAB is now providing customers with additional driver feedback choices!
GEOTAB is pleased to announce the availability of its latest Input Output Expander: IOX-GOTALK.
Using text-to-speech, the IOX-GOTALK provides real-time feedback to drivers based on predefined rules. Any rules that the GO device uses today to alert the driver with beeps can be used with the IOX-GOTALK.
Custom text for MyGEOTAB-based rules can be added to provide specific messaging to help the driver understand what they may have done right or wrong. Immediate feedback to the driver, regardless of cellular coverage, includes all device-based rules:
- Reminder for a driver to swipe their NFC fob or sticker
- Revving over a customer-configurable threshold (i.e. 4000 RPMs)
- Idling beyond a customer-configurable threshold
- Speeding beyond a customer-configurable threshold
- Approaching the maximum speed limit defined by the customer
- “Dangerous Driving” as defined by the customer
- Seat belt usage (if supported by the vehicle)
With the addition of Active Tracking, drivers will get near-real-time feedback (generally within 5-10 seconds) when in good coverage from MyGeotab-based rules as well. Benefits to customised messages include the ability to create a message specific to the violation being encountered, as well as the ability to create the kinds of positive messages your drivers will respond to.
Include tokens such as driver name, address of the violation, and zone name to provide the driver with a detailed account as to where and when the violation occurred. Geotab recommends the use of Active Tracking to ensure warning are received in a relevant time frame.
Some examples of time-sensitive rules are:
- Delivering notifications when entering a customer zone or a high-accident area
- Informing the driver of speeding violations based on posted road speed
- Reporting when a third-party device has exceeded a threshold.